Ruston & Hornsby 20HP
Status : Operational/Stored
Builder : Ruston & Hornsby
Built : 1953
Works No. : 354028
Ruston & Hornsby 20hp Photo W. Richards
This locomotive was built in 1953 by Ruston & Hornsby of Lincoln (Works No. 354028) and was supplied new to Ilford Sewerage Works. It later moved to the Greater London Council’s Gascoigne Wood Pumping Station at Barking in Essex from where it was purchased by a NGR member in 1974.
This locomotive was used for our service trains in the early days of the NGR and has since been overhauled in spring 2012.
Ruston & Hornsby 20hp Photo P. Scott