With Easter almost upon us, it is time for an update on the current state of the locos and railway. As you would hope there has been plenty of work going on behind the scenes during the winter months and now we are raring to go!
- TOURSKA has been passed fit and is rostered to start the season off, working both Easter Sunday and Monday trains.
- CHAKA awaits a small amount of work to be undertaken by a contractor and will be reserve loco if she passes her boiler insurance examination before Easter.
- 1091 is intact after repairs on the firebox during the winter. It is not intended to run until the summer, so has not yet had the boiler inspector's steam test.
- JUSTINE is fully dismantled, with fettling of various parts well underway. Quotes are being obtained to carry out work needed on the boiler.
- Both line diesels are in working order.
Many, many hours have been spent on cutting back lineside growth, an arduous and never-ending task. The Brambles have really been taken to task as they were in danger of taking over completley.
Clearing the Brambles
Attention has been given to our large station sign at Toddington and also a smaller but no less interesting sign near our gate. Having been left out to the mercy of many Winters, some wood had rotted and needed repacement and the whole was treated to copious amounts of paint. The cast iron posts that support the large sign were also spruced up on a decent and sunny Sunday.
Finally, at the end of this month we were visited by a television crew, the program is "Find it, Fix it, Flog it" on Channel 4 with Henry Cole and Simon O'Brien. It was a very interesting and amusing day and I think the presenters had a good time as well. The NGR will feature in a programme later this year, probably on air in Autumn.
Filming "Find it, Fix it, Flog it"